Transformation: Complete!

I have finished my Goodwill dress project! I’m so happy with the way it turned out. I still can’t believe it only cost me $1. It is exactly how I wanted it to be, and I can’t wait to wear it with an adorable pair of sandals this summer! I recommend a dress transforming project to anyone. I am hardly an experienced sewer, and mine turned out quite nicely (if I do say so myself). The most difficult part was the feeding of the elastic and then thinking of how to get the new waistline how I envisioned it.

The Before

The Process

Photobucket

1) Detach the shirt portion from the skirt

2) Fold fabric in to make a casing for the elastic. Feed elastic through and sew to keep in place.

3) Sew skirt portion back on, right sides together, moving it up to below the chest pocket.

4) Hem!

5) Shorten sleeves

The Result


The Lovely Surprise I Discovered

Velcro where shoulder pads were once attached! Oh the days of shoulder pads…

The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 1:14

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Chit Chat, How-To's, My Crafting

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s